Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mask, by Joel Cooper


Mask, by Joel Cooper, originally uploaded by Origami Weekly.

Week 12, and we're running out of time again-- this time around, a tessellated mask by Joel Cooper. We've all been impressed by Joel's work, but like most of the tessellation community, he doesn't post creasepatterns for his models. I understand why-- this took me eight hours to reverse-engineer, and another four hours to draw the CP. In fact, we ran out of time to finish folding it-- which is why you get this picture instead of a finished one folded from nicer paper.

CP here:
dl.getdropbox.com/u/232756/joelmask.pdf

CP (c) Andrew Hudson, design (c) Joel Cooper

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Andrew, where exactly is the original picture of the mask? I couldn't find it on Joel's photostream...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's right here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/origamijoel/1449248337/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I love Joel's work and something like this post is very interesting.

    I would prefer a step by step guide to fold a simple face, in order to see the creation process... but this is cool in anyway =P

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    thanks a lot for drawing the cp... I always wanted to try Cooper's masks..., but i never did get hands on the technique... I am grateful to you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx for the c.p.Ive folded it and Iam now trying to fold another J.C.mask the basket weave one Ive no problem with the tessalation parts but I,m strugglig a bit with the face part.Any suggestions?There are some pix on joels flickr site but some of the folds are not easy to see.Also is there a special program for drawing crease patterns as I intend to draw it on completion

    ReplyDelete
  7. sir, I am very interested in origami. specialy in tessellation. I am indian here is no teacher to teach me tessellation. I have made your all tesses from flickr.com now I want to learn tessellation mask plz. guide me sir. I am eagerly waiting your reply. plz. give me idea or lesson ori tessellation mask... teja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing blog I felt very exciting reading your blog, very nice. Additional I read more clever topic here. Impressive. Thank you very much. Actually i found a webside very interesting costa rica homes for sale

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it,but I can't download it,Can you send this cp to me,thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello, i know i'm five years late but the link is dead. please can you tell me where to find the CP of this amazing origami? thanks. really great job btw^^

    ReplyDelete